Parents & Carers
Here you can find up to date information regarding forthcoming examinations, timetables, helpful guidelines and important notices for students and parents, starting with our ‘5 revision strategies’ video.
We all know exams can be a particularly stressful time, which is why we’ve pulled together some useful links to help students and parents/carers to recognise and cope with exam stress….
Mrs Henry has also put together some useful information on how to look after yourself during exams.Year 11 Health and Wellbeing Presentation
Former Students who have now left the academy will be able to collect their certificates from the Exams office during the hours of 8:00 am to 3:30 pm with photo proof of ID.
The Summer 2019 certificates can be collected from the Exams office from Monday 16th December – Wednesday 18th December 2019 during the hours of 8.30 am – 3.30 pm and Thursday 19th December during the hours of 8.30 am – 12.00 pm with proof of ID.
If the student cannot collect these in person, they can authorise someone else to collect them on their behalf but that person must have a signed letter from the student giving us permission to release them to the representative. Alternatively, we can post them to the student’s home address but this will attract a fee of £3.00 to cover the cost of Recorded Delivery. Cheques should be made payable to Ossett Academy & 6th Form College.
Exam dates 2019/20
PPE1 – Y11 and Post 16 all subjects:
- w/c 11th November and w/c 18th November – Y11 and P16 written exams
PPE2 – Y11 and Post 16 all subjects:
- w/c 3rd February and w/c 10th February – Y11 and P16 written exam
GCSE and GCE exams
- 11th May through to 26th June
PPE3 (End of Year mocks)
- w/c 1st June, w/c 8th June and w/c 15th June – Y7 and Y8
- w/c 22nd June & w/c 29th June – Y9, Y10 and Y12
What to Do If You Are Not Happy with Your Results
- Talk to your teacher or a member of the department: If together you decide that there may be a problem with the marking there are a number of things that can be done, however there may be a cost involved, so your parents need to sanction this.
- Decide, with your teacher and your parents, what you want to happen: If a review results in your marks being changed NO FEE IS PAID. Beware, though, marks can go down as well as up – you could end up with a lower mark.
- Contact the Exams Office:
- Use the appropriate ‘Request for Post Results Service’ form below to indicate what post-exams services you want to access.
- Ensure that the form is signed by you and that a payment is made to the Finance department. No request for an enquiry will be made unless all of these requirements are satisfied.
- Deliver the form to the Exams office within the deadlines stated – these dates are shown on the form.
- The Exams Office will undertake the necessary arrangements. Once the outcome is known, you will be notified.
Absence from Examinations
If a student is unable to sit an exam through illness, they should telephone the school immediately and notify the Examinations Officer. Candidates who miss an examination will be required to complete a Self Certification Form, and may also be asked to provide a letter from their doctor.Self Certification Form
JCQ Regulations & Notices for Candidates
General Warnings to CandidatesCTA
8.2 Information for candidates – CourseworkCTA
8.3 Information for candidates – Non Examination AssessmentsCTA
8.4 Information for candidates – Onscreen TestsCTA
8.5 Information for candidates – Privacy NoticeCTA
8.6 Information for candidates – Social MediaCTA
8.7 Information for candidates – Written ExamsCTA
Mrs A Manoliu
T: 01924 232820